TPE #64: 70+ custom columns to improve workflowOct 16, 2023
Read time: 3 minutes
Welcome back to The PPC Edge!
Here’s what we’ll discuss today:
- Why custom columns are amazing.
- Examples of valuable custom columns.
- The link to the database of 70+ custom columns.
Let’s dive in!
Why custom columns are amazing.
Within Google Ads, you can add most of the basic data and metrics (costs, CTR, conversions etc.) to your column set.
But sometimes, the basics are not enough. You can enhance the data and metrics in your accounts with custom columns.
Before we look at some examples. here’s a quick refresher on how to set them up:
Step 1: go to campaigns/ad groups and click “columns”
Step 2: scroll down until you see “Custom columns” and click “+ Custom column”
Step 3: create a new custom column
- Click “< / > Text” to save time by copy-pasting the formulas from the Custom Column Library.
- Add the right data format (currency, percent, number etc.)
- Add as many as you need, but don’t overdo it.
And then, magically, you unlock extremely valuable new insights.
Let’s look at some examples.
Example 1: Easily compare the ROAS of the last 7 days vs. last 30 days:
Example 2: See real business results like Gross Profit, Closed Deals, and Lead > Closed Deal ratio:
There’s so much more data that you can unlock with custom columns, like:
- Budget run rates
- Mobile traffic share
- Mobile vs. desktop ROAS
- Lead to Qualified Lead ratio
- Cost per micro conversions
- Conversions per impressions
- Soft to Hard conversion rates
- Expected monthly revenue or profit
- Expected monthly spend vs. actual spend
The possibilities are endless.
Link to the Custom Columns Library.
You can easily implement 70+ custom columns via the Custom Columns Library.
At the time of writing, we’re actually at 70+ custom columns so we need to update the banner, haha.
We hope this is a valuable resource for you to unlock new insights that will help you improve your data, save time, and optimize better.
That’s all for today — see you next week!
Bob & Miles